If you’re looking for something to do after you’ve finished the regular beach and day attractions, there’s no need to worry: Antigua has a wide variety of nightlife that will cater to your night time cabin fever needs! Local nightlife ranges from relaxed to raucous, so there’s something for everyone if you want to get out and about.
Nightlife in Antigua can be laidback and chilled too.
Here are some of the most popular nightlife spots in Antigua and Barbuda:
1. Abracadabra – Popularly known as “Abras”, Abracadabra is well known for its eclectic mix of locals, expats, and visiting yachtsmen and women. Located in English Harbour just before the world famous Nelson’s Dockyard, this restaurant and bar transforms into a nightclub on weekends. Music ranges from local soca, dancehall, and reggae, to urban hip hop and rap, to EDM and dance, so no matter what your musical tastes you’ll be sure to find something to suit you. Enjoy the covered main dancefloor or enjoy the music in the courtyard or on the second dancefloor at the rear.
2. Club Bliss/Studio 79 – Located Runaway Bay, this upscale entertainment complex (formerly known as Rush) has been entertaining Antiguans for years. Mainly catering to locals, but with an audience that also includes visitors and local university students, this club is definitely the place to be on weekends, especially for Friday club nights. Downstairs is the main bar with several pool tables and other games. Upstairs is the main club area for dancing the night away. If you feel like treating yourself, you can upgrade to VIP and enjoy waitress and table service. Check out their facebook page for up to date information on specials and events.
3. Mad Mongoose – Also located in English Harbour, Mad Mongoose is a lively bar located at the beginning of the Dockyard Drive strip. Like Abracadabra, this bar is also popular with yachtsmen, locals, and visitors alike. The small dancefloor is host to live bands Fridays and Tuesdays while the entertainment area to the back has a number of pool tables and tv’s showing a wide range of sports channels. You could also grab a bite to eat and hang out on the wooden benches at the entrance, which gives you a great view of the harbor and surrounding area. Mad Mongoose has daily specials ranging from Two for One Tequila Thursdays and Saturday Buddy nights, so make sure to ask what’s on when you get there!
4. DBoat – Dboat is a one of a kind and innovative approach to partying in the Caribbean. Anchored on the north coast of the island, Dboat is an old oil tanker that was converted into a multipurpose entertainment venue. During the day Dboat is family oriented, with a water park featuring slides, a diving platform and trampolines, as well as a restaurant and day tours to surrounding islands in the North Sound marine park. At night the strobe lights come on and the deck is prepped for weekend club nights and events.
5. Beach Limerz – Located at the historic Fort James beach, Beach Limerz is a new addition to the local nightlife scene.
This rustic restaurant features a number of specials including daily happy hours and a wide range of tasty local dishes, like their “Johnny Burger”. There are also a wide range of events, such as their Thursday Karaoke nights that attract a large and enthusiastic crowd, as well as their Friday party nights and live bands on Sunday. If you need to catch a break from the fun, there’s also a patio on the beach with chairs and benches to eat, drink, or party the rest of the night away.